Publisher - HarperTeen
Release Date - March 16, 2010
Number of Pages- 336
Series - The Body Finder #1
The blurb :
Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes that the dead leave behind in the world... and the imprints that attach to their killers.
Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find the dead birds her cat had tired of playing with. But now that a serial killer has begun terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.
Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet on her quest to find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved to find herself hoping that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer... and becoming his prey herself.
- Paranormal, romance and mystery all in one!
- Amazingly written! Even though it was written from 3rd person, I could still know what the characters were feeling and thinking, it was great!
- Very realistic characters. I could relate a lot.
- Unique concept
- Pretty shade of blue on the cover.
- It was a great book, but it just wasn't perfect. There was this thing that made me not give this book 5 stars. It just wasn't...captivating. It didn't suck me in like, let's say, Princess Diaries series.
A really good book overall. I want to read the next one.